Nevada Academy of Physician Assistants since the beginning of 2014 has had a complete overhaul of its web site, leadership, vision, and membership. We greatly appreciate those who have held leadership roles within NAPA in the past.
We now have a vision of encouraging all PAs in the State of Nevada to join NAPA. NSMA (Nevada State Medical Association) and CCMS (Clark County Medical Society) through State Senator Joe Hardy have submitted a BDR (Bill Draft Request) to the legislative body in Carson City. This new BDR can be found on the GAC (Government Affairs Committee) page. NSMA and CCMS want to pass laws restricting the PA profession in the State of Nevada. Nevada would be the first United State in the last six years to pass restrictive changes onto the PA profession. These restrictive changes do not increase patient care or safety. There is no supporting documentation from NSMA or CCMS that would help support their BDR position.
Now is the time to join NAPA and show your support. Please consider joining us in fighting against NEW restrictive laws imposed on our profession. If this BDR as written were to become law it would negatively affect you and every other PA in the state of Nevada. We are only a strong organization because of our members, and support of our supervising physicians.
Have you ever ask yourself why you should be a member of NAPA?
NAPA is committed to serving PAs working in all fields of medicine in Nevada. Whether you practice in rural or Urban Nevada, where you are the only primary care practitioner, or you practice within a multi-specialty group, or a surgical specialty, NAPA represents your interests.
NAPA lobbies on your behalf when state legislative bills are introduced or regulations are proposed that affect your scope of practice as defined in Nevada Law.
Please look at the all the great benefits of Joining Nevada Academy of Physician Assistants.
- NAPA is the only Physician Assistant organization in Nevada actively promoting the PA profession via public education efforts.
- NAPA advocates for the PAs in Nevada and there is strength in numbers. With more NAPA members, comes more influence. We are in need of hiring a Lobbyist to fight against a recent BDR submitted to Carson City to restrict PA practice. Your membership is needed. Healthcare reform in Nevada is inevitable and will affect PAs hopefully for the better. We need NAPA in Carson City discussing the national impact on state healthcare and how it will influence you and your practice. We need you behind us.
- NAPA is aggressively lobbying to protect our profession in Carson City and with the NSBME to help enact legislation that promotes our profession and the physician/PA team concept, and legislation to promote and protect the health of Nevada citizens. We are against any new legislation that restricts our profession.
- NAPA is now recognized as a well respected voice for PAs at all levels of local and state government offices.
- NAPA is recognized by the AAPA, NSMA, NSBME, and the AMA and other health care groups as the only representative of the PA profession in our state.
- Representation in the AAPA House of Delegates.
- Most up-to-date information on the PA profession thru our newsletter.
- We now have an exceptional website that is updated daily with a wealth of information on state issues, the PA profession, the latest news and information for PAs and students in Nevada, and we have the largest PA career center of any on-line site. Our online membership directory is coming together; we are working on a center for mentoring and precepting opportunities.
- Access to a NAPA members only section of our website.
- We schedule well organized regional dinners for PAs for over ten years.
- NAPA is creating student scholarships for PA students.
- NAPA promotes the PA profession through the education of professionals and the general public. We will continue to work to publicize our great profession.
Nevada Academy of Physician Assistants is dedicated to the promotion of our profession in Nevada and we need your support for our continued growth. Every Physician Assistant in Nevada is important. We are a strong organization with strength in numbers, and support.
NAPA MEMBERSHIP is open to:
Practicing Physician Assistants (PAs), retired PAs, PA students, supervising physicians and other advocates of the profession. Membership applications and renewals are available on-line, or can be downloaded, printed and mailed to our office. We invite you to share your voice with the NAPA Board and Leadership. Join NAPA and become an intricate part of your state chapter.
- Fellow members must be members of the AAPA, and are PAs licensed and practicing in Nevada. Fellow members shall have full voting privileges on state and national issues and may hold elected office.
$75 annual membership fee
- Associate members are PAs licensed and practicing in Nevada who are not AAPA members. Associate members shall enjoy all privileges of Fellow members except that they may not participate in issues relating to the AAPA such as: voting for delegates, submitting AAPA resolutions, or representing the chapter in the AAPA House of Delegates. Non-fellow members may not hold office. Affiliate members shall be entitled to all the privileges of Fellow members except those of holding office and voting.
$100 annual membership fee
- Student members are enrolled in a physician assistant program. Applicants for student membership must verify their student status in a manner acceptable to the board of directors. (They do not have to attend a PA program in Nevada. They may have prior or current residence in Nevada). Student members shall be entitled to the privilege of the floor, they can they hold any office except for the elected Student Representative. The Student Representative shall be elected by his or her PA program. The Student Representative shall enjoy all rights and privileges including formal vote, except in matters relating to AAPA.
$35.00 bi-annual (two year) membership fee
- Physician members are physicians in the state of Nevada that show support to the PA profession.
$100 annual membership fee
- Honorary member are members who have shown a dedication to the PA profession in the state of Nevada. Honorary members are voted upon by the BOD of NAPA. Honorary members have all the rights of that of an associate member.