NAPA sponsors the NAPA Student Scholarship in recognition of students graduating in the state of Nevada who show exceptional character, interest, and leadership in the PA profession. The award intends to recognize service to the profession and commitment to the education of physician assistants.
The Board of Directors has established this annual award to recognize outstanding PA students’ service to the PA profession and commitment to the education of physician assistants. There will be two scholarships of $500 each.
The scholarship recipients will also be acknowledged on the NAPA website.
To be eligible for the NAPA Scholarship Award you must be,
• A NAPA student member in good standing
• Able to demonstrate commitment to NAPA’s mission to promote and support the professional, clinical and personal development of physician assistants involved with all specialties of medicine and to advance the practice of our profession.
• Able to demonstrate a commitment to the educational development and life-long learning necessary for the PA profession. Further, an ideal applicant’s undergraduate as well as PA school activity should show leadership as well as other skill that allow you to stand apart from your fellow classmates.
To be nominated for the award, you may self-nomination or nomination by a student member of NAPA.
Application: Nominees must submit the following materials to NAPA to be considered for award of the NAPA Scholarship award:
• Completed application form
• A current CV
• A written narrative that addresses how you or the nominee have been involved in demonstrated leadership for the profession, served NAPA, and/or promoted or facilitated the Pa profession
• The length of the narrative should not exceed 1,000 words
• All required materials must be included with your submission and they must be complete
Applications must be sent to NAPA:
ATTN: NAPA Scholarship Award
Electronic submissions, which must include all the required materials, can be sent to:
Deadline for submission is Midnight (Pacific Standard Time) June 30, 2015.
The award recipient will be contacted in August 2015.